Friday, March 10, 2006

So so Friday

Today has been full of ups and downs. First I have a meeting with my supervisor. She says my schedule is going to change and I am going to have to work half a day at one office and half a day at another office, twice a week. Now, I don't really mind doing this. Makes my day go by faster so what the heck. Then she talks about me being a floater to cover other offices when people are out. Ok. And wants me to sit down with her and create a procedure manual on some of the things we do here. Ok. Well when she applied for this supervisor position, I did also. She had worked for our company 6 months, me 4 years. I know tons about the daily workings of this company and have learned many other department duties as well. My email applying for the position was "overlooked". As I was told after the announcement was made that the person had been chosen and I hadn't even recieved a response. So I questioned it and found out the person who was in charge of that was "sorry, she simply missed my application email" and there was "nothing they could do now". I was pretty mad, but as I always do let it go. When I talked to my former supervisor about the situation she was upset but said "not to make you feel better about being overlooked, but the position includes alot of travelling, and covering shifts for other staff who are out on vacation or sick whatever, and she didn't think I would have wanted the position due to having a son and daycare issues etc." So that made me think ok, I probably really wouldn't have wanted the job anyway, even though I could use more money. Then comes the salt in the wound. Now the new supervisor would like me to do part of her job in covering missing staff, and help her put together a training manual. During this meeting she mentioned 1. how much I know about the everyday workings 2. she needs me to help get her up to speed on things that she has no idea what they are 3. I am going to be like her "assistant" helping out when she is on vacation and such. So if all this is said, why again wasn't I given the position in the first place? Why do I have to do part of the job discription for the position now without the pay increase? Doesn't sound fair to me. There is so much more to this but I'm done stressing over it. Bottom line is I have begun a job search. I have sent out about 15 resumes this week. I will just have to go with the flow and put up with the bullshit until I can find a better opportunity.

On the "up" side, I got my bonus report for the month and it is about 3 times higher than it usually is, so that's good. It is actually something that will make a difference on my paycheck. And another "up" it's FRIDAY!!!! Moving day is coming sooner and sooner, I only have to work 2.5 days next week, so things are good.

Have a great weekend folks!!!

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 13, 2006, Blogger Erin said...

good luck on the job search and woo hoo on the move!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home