Thursday, February 23, 2006

You really can't make this shit up......

My life. Full of twists and turns I would never have imagined. Something crazy is always happening to me. So over the last few months, I have noticed every once in a while my lip will swell a little. It has happened maybe 4 times, once on Christmas at my Granny's which I figured I must have nibbled on something that didn't agree with my skin. But the other 3 times it always happens when I am at my cousin Jamie's. I don't know why. We are never eating or doing the same thing, but it was sort of a joke every time it happened that I was allergic to her house. Now it never got very bad, and it always went away by itself withina half hour of so, so I figured I was just having a mild reaction to something I was allergic to, although I had no clue what it was. So last night I go over there to highlight her hair, we have dinner, nothing I haven't eaten before, and I feel my lip started to swell. I laugh that it's happening again, and begin highlighting her hair. A few minuets later my lip is way bigger than it has ever been. We are laughing, saying I looked like "Hitch". I keep going and Jamie says, your lip is really big. I looked in the mirror and HOLY. SHIT. It was huge!! I started freaking out! Got some ice, still getting bigger. I decide to go to the ER, but then change my mind cuz it looked horrible and I didn't want anyone to see me like that!! So I take 2 Benedryl and decide to wait and see if it helps. Nope, still bigger, and now I'm itching EVERYWHERE!!! I say fuck it and grab a wash towel to hold over my lip while I walk in the ER. I sit there for like 2 hours, by this time my lip has gone down by about half but is still pretty big. I try and "unregister" with the nurse she tells me it shouldn't be much longer and I really should stay. So a few mins. later they call me back. I get a shot in my ass, and a few pills to take and the itching stops and I feel better. They sent me home with some prescriptions, including one for a steriod to take for 5 days! And one for an Epi-Pen, an injection to use incase it happens again and my tongue swells and I can't breathe!! Fortunately I have dealth with allergies before, my son has an Epi-Pen due to a severe peanut allergy, along with some other allergies he has. I had no idea you could suddenly become allergic to something that never bothered you before at any time in your life. Crazy! Still don't know what it was that caused it, the doctor said it's nearly impossible to tell. So this could happen again. Oh, and when I was leaving Jamie's house to go to the ER, she stops me, and asks as she is still laughing her ass off, "can I take a picture"? "This will be funny later".....so I let her, when she gets them developed I may post it for all to see. I was telling her yeah, they first picture I post of myself and I look like a freak!! We shall see!!!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 23, 2006, Blogger Joe said...

Holy shit.

HOLY shit! HAHAHAHAHA! That's AWFUL!!!

And what is the deal with this girl's house?? What IS it? I'm dying to know. Only when you're over there? You must do detective work to figure it out. But with your epi pen in hand, of course.

Stuff like that is so random. I get weird things all the time. Like...two weeks ago, I had an eye twitch for 72 hours. It scared the piss out of me cuz I was sure it was MS. Isn't that damn ridiculous? So extreme, but your mind goes crazy.

Good luck with the steroids and I hope that lip comes down. Oh man. And I thought MY day was bad.

You poor thing. I'll be thinking about you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home