Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Weekend Happenings......

Well this was a nice weekend. Friday I took my son shopping for some new school uniforms, not fun for him but I bought him some YuGiOh cards and a new game for his GameCube so he was happy. Then I stopped and visited with my friend L for a while. Saturday morning I talked L into going to the nail shop and getting her nails done, she has been wanting them anyway and I needed mine filled and didn't want to go alone. So we go do that and then have lunch it was nice. After that I took my son, and his friend to the St. Louis Science Center. We had a good time and they had an awesome Titanic exhibit, that had artifacts that were retrieved from the Titanic. As you walked through the tour, some parts were built to look like the Titanic did. One of my favorite parts was walking through the "Grand Staircase" section. It was amazing how beautifully built this ship was. It really was moving for me looking at the personal belongings of all these people who lost their lives. The boys who are 6 and 7 years old thought it was really cool at first, when we were waiting in line we were given boarding passes each with a name of an actual passenger on the ship. It told how old the person was, what they did for a living, if they were in 1st, 2nd or 3rd class, where they were traveling from, and who they were with. I read them their passes and they thought it was neat. When we first started through they looked at the items and I read the captions that were along side each item. Erik, my son's friend didn't know until then that the Titanic really happened so he was amazed. It got a little crowded along the way and we had to wait in some spots, then they started getting antsy. Or as they told me BORED!!! They said this stinks I thought we were going on a real boat! But once we got moving again and came to a part that had actual pieces of the ship, and a large iceberg they could touch they regained interest. At the end they had a wall with all of the survivors names along with the names of those who died. We all found the names "we" were on our boarding passes to see if we lived or not. Two of us did, one of us didn't. They still enjoyed it and I felt good knowing that at least they learned a little bit about something historic. So I did a good mommy deed!

Then I dropped the boys off and it was time to party!! We went out and played some darts, then C and I went to Pops! A place where you see SO many different kinds of people in one place! It goes from hoosier, to ghetto, to international and everything in between! It's always fun and since it's the place people go when all the other bars close it is always packed. It's where I met the Jamaican guy a few months back. Well this time C was checking out these really cute guys playing pool. We were placing bets on what country they were from since we are always meeting people from other countries, which is really cool. Anyway, I said Trinidad, which was a good guess I thought cuz they looked Caribbean to me. Well we finally talk to them and they are from Egypt so I lost but whatever. C got one's number, Abdul. He lives and works in St. Louis. So that was cool. I met a guy with the same name as my son's father! I told him I wouldn't hold that against him....we talked for a few hours at the bar, exchanged numbers and stuff. I have talked to him a few times since then. Seems like a nice guy, we will see I guess. He's 4 years younger than me! Yikes I don't usually date younger men, but hell the older ones are full of shit so maybe younger may be better. Plus I already got the scoop, no kids, has a job and a car! That right there is just hard to come by these days.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home