Thursday, January 12, 2006

Anndddd.....CUT!

So ends my record lenght run of happiness. Even after I had to get up earlier than usual today to go look at the duplex that turned out to be shit, and go to the doctor, and to the courthouse to finish looking up reoffenders, all before starting my "real" day at work, I was still in a pretty good mood. Strange I know. Then I get the email saying my paystub is ready online. Alright! I think as I knew my pay raise would be on there and I still hadn't been informed of what it would be yet. So I go look at it, and BAM! Smack in the face! After all the hard work and extra shit I have been doing, I thought yea, they will give me a good raise, more than the normal 3%, yeah, I got 3.5%. Whewww fucking Whooo! A whole 36 extra dollars on eaach check. Oh well tis the price of not having a damn degree I guess. It does cover the amount I took out of each check to go into my Healthcare Flex spending account and the extra life insurance I took out on me and my son so it evens out to me bringing home about the same amount. What the hell. I'm not going to let this bring me down either! Who needs savings! Vacations are for suckers! Yea yea yea! Anyone who would like to donate funds or an all expense paid trip to Disney World for my son and I , I am offically accepting! :-) I should start a "help support my broke ass" website. See how many people give me $$, hey it worked for the "pay my credit card debt lady" or whatever right? Ahhh, dreams......

3 Comments:

At Friday, January 13, 2006, Blogger Joe said...

Hey Crystal!

First off...your story about Smokey on my website was so appropriate and wonderful. It really made me think about how I've been feeling about Tyler and I think I may have learned a major lesson.

I don't want something to happen to him to make me realize how important he is to me. Isn't that the biggest fear of life in general? Also, since confessing all of that shit, I've started to feel better about it and am looking forward to spending my nights with him. So, I guess...thank you for sharing that with me. It made a big impression.

Second...I TOTALLY remember that credit card lady and how she had her bills paid off via her website. I also remember hating her because I hadn't thought of it first, nor took it to such a ridiculous level. But funny that we're a couple years after the fact and STILL talking about it. haha. It really brought me back...

Lastly...you DID and DO deserve more for the work you've done. 3% should have been given to you automatically, whether you did extra work or not. The fact that they gave you .5% as a thank you is just insulting and plain stinge. I hate that bullshit.

I love your attitude and how optimistic you are about the whole thing.

But I'm reminded of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation when Clark gets the "Jelly of the Month" club gift certificate instead of his bonus. If only you had a Randy Quaid that could jump in his mobile home and bring your boss to your house, tied up with string...and obviously a bow on his head.

I think you're courageous, insightful, and chock full of character. Your son is blessed.

Have a wonderful weekend Crystal.

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006, Blogger Erin said...

Having a degree makes no difference. I have a degree and I got a 2% pay increase. Why? Well not because I haven't busted my ass in the past year. Its because I am on the bonus plan. But guess what? We didn't make our numbers so I will not be getting a bonus. So I actually got less than the rate of inflation which in effect amounts to a pay cut. Oh, and for a Christmas bonus? Clark's jelly of the month club would have been welcome. I got a Christmas card with a $20 bill stapled to it. Thanks a lot!!

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

HA! Thanks Erin and Joe! At lesat I know I'm not alone in this. Funny about your Christmas bonus,Erin. I got a $15 gift card to Wal-Mart!! Watch out now! But it was good, I do a lot of shopping at Wal-Mart so it was like a $15 dollar off coupon so it helped. Thinking positive here!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home