Tuesday, January 31, 2006

DON'T F*#K WITH THE IRS......

LESSON. LEARNED. Holy crap! Ok a little detail on my run in with the IRS. Back in 2003 I took a job cleaning the office building I worked in at night for some extra cash. I made a mere $500 a month to clean the building twice a week. Not bad for me since I'm a single mom, and I just took my son with me while I cleaned, which worked out since I didn't have to pay extra daycare. Sweet deal so I thought. Well turns out I was being paid as being self employed and no taxes were taken out, meaning I was supossed to make some tax payments. I was 23 then and didn't think it would make a difference if I paid them through out the year or just waited until the end of the year when I got my tax refund, since I don't make much money I usually get a good size refund and I thought they would just even out the taxes I owed, with what I would get back anyway. BIG MISTAKE!! I ended up having to file these extra forms, and pay self employement taxes, and late fees and penalties out. the. ass!!!!! So I do this and think they will take the $1500 I owe them out of my refund, nope they sent me the WHOLE check. Damn. Now you would think I would have immidately sent them back the portion that I owed them, right? WRONG! I was young, broke, and trying to move so I sent them a little and made a payment plan arragement. Things go ok then I start falling behind on bills and stop paying that bill. Yes, of all the bills I decide to stop paying the IRS. I think again, foolishly that they will just take the balance out of my refund for this year and give me the rest. Which is what they are doing except it's taking forever, plus I added up more late fees and penalties so I again owed almost $1500. No big deal I thought, then I get to work today and my HR department tells me they have received a "Notice of Levy on Wages" from the IRS. Crap! So I call the IRS. Wait on hold for 30 minuets, then I talk to the lady about what is happening, this takes anothr 30 minuets, I was on the phone for a full hour. But things are cleared up, they are faxing a release on the levy to my HR department, my taxes have been processed, they took their money and I still get a little back. Bad part it won't be release until Feb 13 so I have to wait a few more weeks. Oh well I am so gald this whole thing is over. I have learned my lesson, the hard way unfortunately, I was trying to make some extra cash and it ended up costing me more than it was worth! But now taxes are paid, I owe nothing else and next year I will get my entire refund! Moral of this story boys and girls is DON'T FUCK WITH THE IRS, because they will fuck you harder and they won't use lube! Good Day!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 01, 2006, Blogger Joe said...

Oh man!

Stuff likes this makes my anxiety sky rocket through the roof. I would have handled it the same way you did and then gotten fucked too. And without lube? OUCH! :)

Hope this all settles down and works out and becomes a distant, forgettable memory.

I sympathize! Whole heartedly.

 
At Wednesday, February 01, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

Thanks Joe! That is how I'm looking at it, it's over now, I don't have to deal with it anymore, and have learned a valuable lesson!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home