Friday, February 17, 2006

What now?!

Well a while back I posted the story of my son's father and him being in jail, accused of murder. I opened the paper this morning to see an article that he had took a plea bargin and plead guilty, in exchange for 2 lesser charges being dropped. His sentence, 20 years. With credit for the almost 2 years he has served awaiting trial. So his only child will be 26 years old before he is released. I am feeling so many different things right now. Not really feeling sorry for T, he made his choices, he has to deal with the consequences. Sad for my son, who will never get to have a relationship with his father. I am thankful he didn't get the death penalty, so I won't have to tell my son his father is going to die. But when thinking about the victim's family, how are they going to feel about the 20 year sentence? If it were my loved one, I don't think I would be happy. So I'm torn on how to feel. I know I feel like shit right now. Even having to deal with this kind of situation is fucked up, for lack of a better way to put it. My thoughts are just everywhere today.....

1 Comments:

At Saturday, February 18, 2006, Blogger Erin said...

Jesus. You poor thing. Stay strong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home