Friday, March 17, 2006

I moved!

I am moved into my new apartment and I love the apartment. It's so nice and everything is brand new!!! Everything is in the apartment although it's not all put away it's getting there! I have to thank Jamie, she helped me soooo much moving, unpacking, cleaning, and everything! Thanks and I love ya!!

My first day moving in, I had just loaded mine and Anthony's clothes into my dad's truck and went to drop them off. I pull up, and there was this guy sitting outside, I get out and he asks me "hey, you selling clothes"? I said "No, I'm moving in", he was like "oh, alright". Boy oh boy living here is going to be an adventure I can tell already. My complex has 4 buildings, so far I am the only white tenant! It doesn't bother me, I just keep thinking about how I will probably be referred to as the "white lady". :-) Oh well.....I've been called worse!

Anthony loves it. He is so excited. His room is all put together and he actually slept in his own bed, BY himself last night. Yes, he is 7 years old, and yes he was still sleeping in the same bed as me. I know. He just always has shared a bed with me, mostly because when he was born I liked having him sleep with me, made middle of the night feedings easier, plus we only had one room to share. Then we moved, again we only had one bedroom. Then we had 2 bedrooms for a while, he had he own room but he was 2 years old and didn't like sleeping by himself, nor did I so....he slept with me and I just never really pushed the issue for him to get into his own bed. I thought as he got older he would just go into his own bed, yeah was I wrong, he turned 5, 6 and finally 7, and he never wanted to leave. But I have been preparing him during the last year, that when we moved, he would get him own room, and he was a big boy now and would be sleeping in his own bed. He seemed excited, and he slept in there without a problem last night. It was wonderful!! A whole bed to myself and a whole night with out being kicked in the face while I slept...Ahhhhh.....life is good.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, March 19, 2006, Blogger Erin said...

Congratulations!! I was the "white girl" in my old neighborhood too. Its not so bad...

 
At Tuesday, March 21, 2006, Blogger laura b. said...

My youngest son is 8 and he still likes to sleep with me sometimes. I sort of try and discourage him, cause he needs to be independent and all that, but the truth is that it doesn't bother me all that much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home