Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lucky Me!!

I bought some raffle tickets last week at school. It was to support a student trip to Ireland, and 2nd prize was an Ipod which I want badly, 1st prize was a TV and I could always use one of those. I didn't look at the other prizes, until today when I got the call that I had won 3rd place, A handcrafted desk. WTH?! 4th and 5th places were DVD players, and 6th place was gift certificates to the movies! Any of those I would love to have except, 3rd, which is what I got. Damn. I hate feeling ungrateful that I won but I don't have room for it really. I guess I could always sell it. I'm am still happy I actually won though!! Yippee! Oh the guy told me I need to bring a truck to pick it up, it's pretty big. Oh boy, I can't wait to see what this monster looks like!

In other news, I took my English final this morning. I think I did fairly well. I hope to get an A in this class, all of my papers so far have gotten A's lets hope the final does as well. It's was on Voltaire's "Candide" which I just finished reading at 6 am today, a whole hour and a half before the final, how's that for procrastanation! It's terrible especially since I have had the book for months. It was a pretty good story overall, except for the crazy names of the characters, and the "old time" talk...The essay question for the final? "Was Candide an idiot for leaving El Dorado"? Anyone read the book? Feel free to leave your comments.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home