Thursday, June 15, 2006

I love him!!

Well me and Terel are doing better. He has been back to his old sweet self and I'm loving it. Last night we had a little tiff but things smoothed out and we even exchanged "I love yous" for the first time last night! I really am head over heels for this man. I just hope things stay going the way they are....but you have to take chances so if it doesn't...it was worth it. I recently checked out this book, Best Loved Poems of the American People, Terel and I have been reading it. This morning as I was leaving for work he said "read page 45 when you get time".... So I took the book to work with me and here is the poem on page 45......

I want you

I want you when the shades of eve are falling
And purpling shadows drift across the land;
When sleepy birds to loving mates are calling-
I want the soothing softness of your hand.

I want you when the stars shine up above me,
And Heaven's flooded with the bright moonlight;
I want you with your arms and lips to love me
Throughout the wonder watches of the night.

I want you when in dreams I still remember
The ling'ring of your kiss-for old times' sake-
With all your gentle ways, so sweetly tender,
I want you in the mornign when I wake.

I want you when the day is at its noontime,
Sun-steeped and quiet, or drenched with sheets of rain;
I want you when the roses bloom in June-time;
I want you when the violets come again.

I want you when my soul is thrilled with passion;
I want you when I'm wary and depressed;
I want you when in lazy, slubrous fashion
My senses need the haven of your breast.

I want you when through field and wood I'm roaming;
I want you when I'm standing on the shore;
I want you when the summer birds are homing-
and when they've flown-I want you more and more.

I want you, dear, through every changing season;
I want you with a tear or with a smile;
I want you more than any rhyme or reason-
I want you, want you, want you-all the while.

--Arthur L. Gillom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home