Thursday, May 19, 2005

Angry, bitter, all of the above?

My job is an interesting one. I work at an agency that deals with clients who have been charged with domestic violence and are mandated by the court to attend a year long program which our agency provides in order to get the charges dismissed. One catch, they also have to PAY for the services. Oh the horror! This is a rather new idea to most of these clients who don't understand why in the world they should have to pay for services they receive. It should just be given to them right? I mean it is our fault they beat up there "baby momma" right? After 3 years of dealing with these clients I have really reached my limit. In the beginning I was calm, responding to the yelling and arguing in a professional manner. As the years go on I find myself getting "ghetto" right back with these guys! Case in point: The other day I am sitting at my desk and in comes a man with his girlfriend (the victim) and he starts banging over and over on the poor little bell I have at the front window. I open the window and he says "yeah I need to see someone", my response "oh yeah well who do you need to see"? We also provide other mental health services in our office and even though I knew what he was here for I needed him to tell me. He ended up being very rude the entire time, and his girlfriend filled out all his paperwork for him. That really gets me! And he sent her to the window to ask all his questions. Errrr! I wanted to say get off your ass and take responsibility for you own actions! First you beat the girl up, she calls the cops, you go to jail, she most likely bonds you out, then brings up here, fills out the paperwork, and will most likely be paying for the groups since you marked "unemployed" on your intake sheet. I would like to say that this is a unique case, but unfortunatly this is the norm. Most of the men here live off the women they are with. Working here, paired with my exeriences with men in the past have made me the man hater I am today! I would love love LOVE to find a man good enough to change this impression I have of the male species. Until then I will remain, Crystal - Hater of Men! I have not yet hit the point where I say fuck it I'm going gay, although I have threatened it several times. It's not totally out of the question at this point.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, May 19, 2005, Blogger Erin said...

No wonder you hate your job. YOu poor thing.

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2005, Blogger Wade said...

Crystal that's a horrible friggin job!
Men are pigs, take it from someone who knows!
But here's the deal, some guys are actually pretty good people, but everyone has their moments, even you right? The guys you are dealing with are the dregs of the gender, and species.
Man that sucks. You gotta work at gettin' another gig.

From '83 to '94 I worked in Compton, L.A. county, South Central L.A. in the field. In the ghetto all the time. I got so depressed I couldn't take it anymore. Especially because I was from a rural area in Montana. I finally said, 'screw this' and found another gig in an area I could live in.

It was life changing, for the better.

Make it your 5 year plan to find a better gig.

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2005, Blogger Crystal said...

That is definately in my 5 MONTH plan. I have vacation coming up the first week of July so after that I am going to get to looking harder!!

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2005, Blogger Chris said...

Poor poor girl... I am sorry you are feeling that way.

Here is the thing though. How about rather than being so hard on men, examine why in the world these girls stick around through all that abuse. There are men out there... real men with real feelings and hearts who would love to love and be loved. The problem is that most women are stuck in a relationship that is going no where fast with "boys" who know that no matter what hell they put this poor girl through, she will just stick around because she "sees the potential in him" or some other silly excuse to stay in an abusive, worthless or otherwise unloving relationship.
I hope I didn't offend you or anyone reading this. It just strikes me as outrageous when I hear woman bash men based on the actions of some... who,by the way, are being allowed to do what they are doing by the women who keep them around.

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2005, Blogger Crystal said...

Oh Chris, don't go get all rational on me~:-) Kidding. I agree with all of you points, it just so happens that on this particular day I was feeling all "I hate men". I agree and have had my rants on why the hell these women stay too. Thanks for reading...

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2005, Blogger Chris said...

lol
Thanks for understanding Crystal. As im sure you can gather from my little "rant", I have been burned a time or 2 too many :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home