Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Those were the days......

I have been thinking alot of the days of my first apartment......way back in 2001, I moved into my very first, very own apartment. It was great. I really loved that place, I realize now more so than I did then, the whole "grass is greener" thing. A little while after I moved in, my favorite Nina came to live with us. We were the best roommates. We had so much fun at 30 Notthingham Lane, AKA "Drama Lane". There was always something going on, even if it was just me, Nina and Ant laying on the couch watching TV. I miss living with my Nina. We used to get "hype" for our nights out by turning up the stereo and dancing around the living room. Or "exercising" by running around the living room into the kitchen and back again.....I know our down stairs neighbors just loved us. And then there was the neighbors, Gigi, Chrissy, Nina and I enjoyed a good many night, with our ears pressed against the floor to hear what they happened to be fighting about on that particular night, or the middle of the night wakings to the pounding and yelling of "c'mon, baby, open the door", after he had obviously stayed out past the set curfew. So many things happened there. All the New Year's Eve parties, and the "just because we wanna drink" parties. The girls nights where we just sat around eating junk food, and watching TV, or laughing or whatever we decided to do that night. Even when my sister and I decided to move into "the house" together, thinking it would be so much better to have more room, and a yard, etc. it just wasn't the same. We had some good times at the house but nothing like the memories of Drama Lane. Maybe it's just that we are all getting older or that it was the newness of being on my own, or whatever, I don't know. All I know is that I miss that place. Even with the FBI raid, the US Marshalls coming, and every other crazy thing that went on, those were the days.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home