Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Soulmates......truth or fiction

Lately I have been wondering about the whole "true love" / "soulmate" thing. Is there really a perfect someone out there for everyone? I have had MORE than my fair share of Mr. Not Quite Rights. It seems only fair that my Mr. Right should be finding his way into my life soon. I'm not getting any younger ya know. I often find myself wondering if maybe I'm the problem. Me, the same person who is always wanting people to look past my imperfections, (read: my weight). I often find myself thinking maybe he isn't good enough, or cute enough, or whatever the case may be. Or even if they seem to be a wonderful person, but say they don't have a car. Should that be a reason not to date them? In one way I think yes, they should be self-sufficient and have something to "bring to the table". In another way I think maybe I am being materialistic to think that if they don't have a car, or a great paying job then despite being a wonderful person inside, they don't deserve my time. Sometimes I think what if I am looking right past my "soulmate" just because someone might say he isn't "good enough". I know I know, who cares what others think, you have to listen to your heart/inner self/whatever the case may be. Here lays my problem. I can not for the life of me make a decision on basically anything without consulting someone in my life for insight. It is my biggest downfall. I am such a baby. I am so afraid of making the wrong choice. Which I don't know why because I have made A LOT of bad choices in my day. I let others influence my decisions way too much. And I have totally lost where I was going with this entry. Oh, right, soulmates. Well one thing I know is I am soooooo ready to meet my soulmate. I want to be "in love" and to be loved back. It has been a long time since I have truely been in love. That has to be the greatest feeling in the world. Maybe I will know it again one day soon......who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home