Monday, November 07, 2005

Ode to Nina

Since it's Nina Pop's birthday today I thought I would talk about her! Nina and I have been best friends for a whole lotta years now. It didn't start out that way though. Believe it or not we didn't like each other when we first met! I know hard to believe anyone wouldn't like ME! But believe the old me was pretty hard to like most of the time. I was a very mean teenager! I have since changed my ways. So anyway, I met Nina when I was about 12 or 13 years old I guess. We met thru my cousin Amy. After we actually became friends we shared many, many memories. We were your regular rebellious teenagers. Wanting to party, and drink and all that bad stuff. I remember stealing Nina Pop's dad's van....we went and picked up all our friends and rode around. I think I was 14 and Nina probably 15, we let the oldest person we were with drive, I think he was 16 but he didn't have a license. We ended up getting chased by the police, we pulled a slick little move and pulled into a driveway, shut the van off and all got on the floor. When the police found the van, they just shine the lights in and then drove off. We got away with that one! We stole, well "borrowed" cars a few more times and fortunately never got busted or crashed. That is until Nina got her license and her dad bought her a nice blue Firebird! She had only driven it a few times, and one day we wanted to ride around. Her dad said ok, but stay in the subdivison. So what did we do? We drove across the highway to a different subdivison. All was good until on the way back we had to go across a 5 lane highway, Nina felt she could make it, I kept yelling "Your not going to make it", then BAM!!! Hit by a van! Not fun. No one was hurt so that was good. There were so many good times, I can't possible go into all of them here. But thru everything we have remained the best of friends, I even gave her the nickname....although it started as just Nina to my son who couldn't say Stephanie when he was little so she was his Nina, then the song, Nina Pop came out a few years back and the pop just kindof got added on there, my son is 6 now and still calls her his Nina and the rest of us call her Nina pop! I love you dearly Nina, I hope you have a Happy 28th Birthday!!!! And don't cry too much about being just 2 years shy of the big 30 now!!! Ha ha!! Dont worry I coming right up behind ya!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home