Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The crazy things mom's do......

Ok, my sister thinks my friend Chrissy and I are the most insane moms she has ever met. Chrissy's son Erik is 7, my son Anthony is 6 and they are the best of friends. They hang out often, because well basically they have no choice. It was sort of a forced friendship since Chrissy and I have been friends forever and hang out quite often, when we had kids they ended up being around each other all the time. Anyway, Chrissy and I both have an unusal sense of humor, to say the least. We are always doing something many would call "stupid", we call it hillarious!! So one day before the school year started Chrissy and Erik were driving home and Erik wanted to do a "play school", so Chrissy asked him ok, what do you want to do math, spelling, what? He said "No, I want you to go to my school, and pretend to drop me off and pick me up". So she drives to the school, stops, lets him out of the car, waits a few seconds, and he gets back in. They proceed to have a conversation about how his first day of school went. He loved it and laughed the whole way home. Well when the boys are in the car with me they often like me to put the car in "super speed". This is where I speed up the car slightly, then put it in neutral and press on the accelerator to make the "vroom, vroom" sound. I always tell them "ok, lean back" and then we take off in "super speed". They love it and what harm does it do, ok, except minor harm to my transmission. My sister thinks we are crazy! Which we may as well be, but at least these kids are going to have some interesting memories!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, November 17, 2005, Blogger Erin said...

I love it!

Hey, my new address is http://www.egbl.blogspot.com

 
At Thursday, November 17, 2005, Blogger Joe said...

That is just about the most adorable thing I have EVER read! I literally started laughing at my desk when I read about the "First day of school". hahahahahaha

You two sound like GREAT friends and even better moms! Both of your children are very lucky to have you. I mean, speed racing?? HILARIOUS!

You totally made my day with that post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home