Thursday, August 25, 2005

What's the L stand for???

Well I was visting with one of my best friends, Laurie the other night and we were checking out my blog, and I noticed I haven't talked of her much on here, which is weird since she has been my bestest friend since the days of big hair and tight rolled jeans (oh what were we thinking). So it's been going on about 13 years or so now. I was thinking about a story, it happened about 10 years ago. Laurie had a gold necklace with an "L" charm on it, hence her name.....anyway we were out and about one day and a dude I had know before came up and was talking to us. He was trying to "mack" on Laurie and asked her "what the L stood for", she was like "Laurie", then he said, "mmmm, Lovely Laurie"......and to this day we joke and call her lovely Laurie...It's funny how little things happen and years later you still remember and laugh about it. Laurie and I have shared many a memory together. Mostly good, some bad, all memorable. I love being able to talk to her about anything, we are so close, we know all of each others family, and I even spend holidays with her family some years. Never once I have felt like I was invading or didn't belong because we are that close. Oh, great now this is turning into a sappy post....not my intention, but if she reads this I want her to know how special she is to me! So my Lolo, aka Lovely Laurie, I love ya!!!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, August 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a ring not a necklace DUH!And I still have it.

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Lolo its Nina Pop, What's up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home